Online Teletherapy Help
Note: parentslettinggo does not endorse any one of these services. Click on each and make a decision as to which one to use.
- Teledoc – One of the older online services offering broad based physical and mental health providers
- BetterHelp – Mental health licensed services offering services via text, chat, phone and video.
- Talkspace – Licensed therapists, some self-tests for depression, anxiety, etc.
- Amwell – Telehealth services, including mental health counseling for young adults.
- Zocdoc – Booking service to connect clients to licensed therapists. View the profiles of therapists and their schedule openings and schedule an appointment. Usually schedule within a week and can circumvent some of the waiting list challenges of going directly to your insurance company.
Other Mental Health Resources
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness): NAMI provides a variety of resources, including information, support groups, and educational materials for young adults and their families.
- PsychCentral: PsychCentral is an online resource that offers articles, quizzes, and information on a range of mental health topics, tailored to young adults.
- ULifeline: ULifeline provides college students with resources for mental health and emotional well-being, including self-assessment tools and information about seeking help.
- JED Foundation: The JED Foundation focuses on mental health and suicide prevention among young adults. Their website offers resources and tools for both individuals and campuses.
- Dial 988. Talk to a trained professional anytime day or night with a mental health concern – private, confidential. free and confidential support for people in distress, prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones, and best practices for professionals in the United States.