Parent consultation is offered by telephone or videoconferencing. It is available for those who do not have insurance or do not wish to use insurance and want to discuss ideas for parenting a teen or young adult family member. In the first session, a determination will be made as to whether insurance is appropriate and can be applied. If this is not the case, then an out of pocket fee for service would need to be determined.
If you want more information regarding Dr. Stoltzfus’s psychological services, please visit his profile at Psychology Today.
Who does Dr. Stoltzfus Serve?
He meets with parents and teens/young adults in family therapy or individually with the parents or the teen/young adult. All services are confidential, and for any work with a young adult over eighteen, a release is required for disclosing any information shared in individual sessions. Both parents and the young adult are assured of privacy and confidentiality per HIPPA standards.
When and why should parents consider engaging Dr. Stoltzfus for therapy or consultation? Here are some examples:
- The young adult is living at home, and relationships are strained.
- The young adult does not seem to be making progress toward responsible independence.
- The teen or young adult is unwilling to comply with basic house rules or expectations related to drug use, violence or threats of violence, stealing, or damage to property, etc.
- The teen/young adult has a significant mental health or substance abuse problem and is not pursuing help.
- Parents are anxious and concerned about their teen/young adult child who is living away from home but failing in school, work, or relationships.
- Parents feel challenged as to how much they should help their teen/young adult financially and in other ways, allow them to struggle.
- A teen or young adult asks the parent for help and is willing to see a therapist.
The consultation service involves parent education and coaching. The charge is $150 an hour or $75 per half hour. It will consist of a discussion of the parents’ concerns and the application of concepts to these concerns from the six practices. Dr.Stoltzfus will make recommendations for actions parents can take to address the challenges they are facing with their young adult.
How do You Set up a Consultation Sessions?
See the contact information on this website. The specific process involves either contacting Dr. Stoltzfus by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 651-486-0122 (ext. 2) and leave a message regarding your request.
- Your name or names.
- Your phone number and email address.
- Your request for phone or in-person consultation and times available.
- Your specific situation- (i.e. 24-year-old male living in the basement and playing video games)
- The purpose of the consultation- the outcome you desire.
- Any specific questions or concerns you wish to discuss.
Dr. Stoltzfus is available for 50-minute parent consultation sessions by phone or in person at his office in Shoreview, Minnesota.
Connect with us for Your Next consultation
Want more information on how to set up a consultation? Fill out the contact us form, call at 651-486-0122 ext. 2 or email us directly at email@example.com to set up a consultation. For Dr. Jack’s latest newsletters fill out the form below, or check out our social media profiles on LinkedIn and Facebook for more discussions.