On May 7th, 14th and 21st I will be facilitating a workshop on how to successfully let go and launch your age 17 to 38-year-old young adult. Parents of young adults struggle with doing too much or too little. Do too much, and you are coddling and fostering dependency. Do too little, and you are rejecting and harsh. Where exactly is the sweet spot in this dilemma? One framework that can be useful is to ask yourself the following questions when faced with a decision or action related to your young adult:
- Am I acting out of love or anger, frustration, anxiety and need to control
- Am I following my principles such as honesty, keeping promises, allowing for consequences when actions are inappropriate?
- Am I supporting dependence or independence?
The May workshop sessions will address how to implement this approach by adopting and strengthening certain practices that enable parents to let go and launch their young adult successfully. If you are looking for ideas, solutions, and strategies to make the right decisions with your adolescent/young adult, this workshop is for you.
- Parents – A Letter To Your Young Adult can Make a Big Difference - April 15, 2021
- Parents – Try Saying Goodbye to Your Young Adult with a Letter - March 8, 2021
- What to do When Your Young Adult is Lying - March 2, 2021